Who are we looking for?
The corporate cell is expanding. Van Steenbrugge Advocaten is looking for a lawyer who likes to plead and who has experience or at least a healthy interest in attachment and insolvency law and private banking law (which includes contract law and securities law).
After a familiarisation period, you will have the opportunity to become the contact person for the clients and to take care of the files from A to Z (immediately or in the long term, depending on your experience).
What is your task package
The position offers a challenging combination of:
- file management (preparing summonses, conclusions, opinions, etc.);
- Communication and consultation with clients, notaries, opponents, etc.
- pleading cases.
What do you need to know?
- You have at least 1 year of counter experience. More experience is a plus.
- You have a fluent writing style with an eye for detail at both file and legal level.
- You like to plead.
- You are stress resistant.
- You can familiarise yourself with a file independently and also ask your colleagues in the office about it.
- You have ambition and the willpower to do better and better.
- You are honest, committed and customer-oriented.
- You are at your best in a dynamic, ambitious, no-nonsense and authentic office. You are open to constructive feedback and want to learn.
What do we offer?
- In addition to a very fair remuneration, the firm is responsible for your continuing education.
- A nice career plan is provided.
- Autonomy and trust: files from A to Z and direct contact point for clients.
- Fully digital files and a modern working environment.
- Your Personal Assistant ensures the administrative treatment and follow-up of the files.
- So your focus is entirely on the client and your legal acumen. Efficient and comfortable for you!
- Often pleading.
- Quality comes first, so we work hard. Yet you get a good work-life balance.
- Realistic expectations with regard to billable hours.
- If you score high, you will have unprecedented flexibility.
- Beautiful offices in green surroundings in Ghent.
- Annual team event and drinks or dinners, so you can get to know your colleagues outside of work.
- No internal competition: a close-knit and human team where people are there for each other.
- The office will ensure that you are properly trained, as we strive for excellence and help employees to grow and specialise. Here, you will get the space to work out your cases thoroughly.
What is not included in this offer?
Criminal law and sports law are handled by another team.
- How to apply?
You can send your motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each application will of course be treated discreetly.